IT S NOT CRANBERRY SAUCE!!!
What do you get if you incorporate Thanksgiving, American TELEVISION star Louise Lasser (Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman), killer 80s synths and some genuinely gruesome unique effects courtesy of Ed French (Terminator 2: Judgement Day). Why, it s Blood Rage obviously!
Twins Todd and Terry appear like sweet boys that is, till one of them takes an axe to face of a fellow client at the local drive-in. Todd is blamed for the bloody crime and institutionalised, whilst twin sibling Terry goes free. Ten years later on and, as the family collects around the table for a Thanksgiving dish, the news is available in that Todd has gotten away. But has the real killer in reality been in their midst the whole time? One thing s for sure, there will certainly be blood and rage!
Shot in 1983 but not released till 1987, Blood Rage (re-cut and shown in theatres as Nightmare at Shadow Woods) is a gloriously gruesome piece of 80s slasher heaven now adoringly restored (in 3 versions no less!) from original vault elements for its first ever main house video release.
DIRECTOR-APPROVED SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
- Brand brand-new 2K remediation of the original hard version, moved from the video camera unfavorable and showcasing the original title card Slasher!
- Headache at Shadow Woods the re-edited, R-rated 1987 theatrical cut showcasing video footage exclusive to this version
- An alternate composite cut of the function integrating all the uncut gore sequences together with extra video footage from the theatrical version [Blu-ray just]
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with director John Grissmer
- Double Jeopardy an interview with Actor Mark Soper
- Jeez, Louise! an interview with actress Louise Lasser
- Both Sides of The Camera an interview with producer/actress Marianne Kanter
- Man Behind The Mayhem an interview with unique cosmetics effects creator Ed French
- Three Minutes with Ted an interview with star Ted Raimi
- Go back to Shadow Woods featurette revisiting the original Jacksonville, Florida areas
- Alternate Blood Rage VHS opening titles
- Behind-the-scenes cosmetics effects gallery
- Reversible sleeve showcasing original and recently commissioned art work by Sadist Art Designs
- Fully-illustrated collector s booklet showcasing brand-new composing on the film by Joseph A. Ziemba, developer for Alamo Drafthouse and author of BLEEDING SKULL! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey